Monday, January 24, 2011

Visual Symblos in My Life


Did you ever "stop" to think that a stop sign is a visual symbol? It tells us to wait for other cars to go through the intersection. It keeps us safe. It allows for pedestrians to cross the street.

What about a vacancy sign?


A vacancy sign tells us whether or not there is room in the motel for travelers to stop and stay.

Or even the sun?


A sunrise tells us it is morning. That it is time to wake up. It is the start of a brand new day.

Visual symbols are everywhere. Some are obvious while others are not caught right away. I see visuals everyday. There are photos in room of my friends, reminding me of how much I they mean to me and I to them. I walk next door and notice the bathroom is closed for cleaning, meaning I cannot go in. I walk to class and know when a car is stopped, it's okay for me to walk. Everything around me can be used as a visual.

Visuals are very important to me. I love to walk outside and see all of the scenery and take it all in. There are so many visuals around us that most do not even recognize. We use visuals everyday whether we know it or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment